When the U.S. Supreme Court refused to act 5-4 on two cases involving unfair fixes of the political system, Democrats were quick to find fault with the five Republican-appointed judges in the majority.
From a political point of view — not that we’d ascribe that sort of thing to federal judges — the pair of cases before the U.S. Supreme Court is perfect.
When National Public Radio media critic David Folkenflik visited Baton Rouge last month to address local NPR listeners, he devoted much of his speech to the value of local newspapers.
At a time of deep political and social division in America and across the world, lots of pundits are pondering how to bring people back together.
Congress isn’t accomplishing much lately, but Senate Republicans deserve credit for one thing they aren’t doing: Restoring the practice of earmarks. The Senate Republican conference on Thursday adopted a permanent ban on such parochial handouts, an effort led by Nebraska’s Ben Sasse.
The situation in a nutshell: “Teachers are frustrated over low and stagnant pay. But labor costs for districts are going up rapidly due to pension and health-benefit costs. Because these benefit cost increases do not correspond to rising benefits for current teachers — they reflect legacy co…
As lieutenant governor, Billy Nungesser is Louisiana’s roving ambassador, a job that obligates him to represent the state well.
House committee last week stonewalled a bill that would have stopped the Southside Economic Development District in Monroe from levying a tub load of taxes on the poor and business community while making it possible for SEDD to continue to waste or misappropriate taxpayer dollars like there’…
- Suspected drug dealer turns himself in, says he's tired of selling drugs
- Matt Branch resumes regular activities after horrific hunting accident
- Local contractor arrested; OPSO investigation ongoing
- MPD arrest Mangham man for second-degree murder
- Monroe police arrest homeless man for stealing bicycle
- Sterlington QB Crockett pledges to ULM
- IMPACT PLAYER: Owens' vision separates him from pack
- Dickerson pleads guilty in federal court
- More reduced sentences for judge's brother
- 'Dude' still champ
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.