A year ago, state Sen. JP Morrell offered a bill to require unanimous jury convictions in Louisiana. When it came to criminal law, Louisiana was an outlier. Every other state but Oregon required jurors to all agree before shipping someone off to jail.
There were a few new faces in the Louisiana House of Representatives when the Legislature began its regular session Monday. And therein lies a tale, not really of new beginnings, but of the old business of politics and deadlock.
With an 80-63 loss to Michigan State during competition in Friday night’s Sweet 16 tournament, LSU’s men’s basketball team ended its season with dashed hopes for landing in the Elite Eight, then the coveted Final Four, the biggest match-up in college basketball.
Well, so much for the claim that Donald Trump or his campaign conspired with Russians to steal the American Presidency. That conspiracy theory, which has distorted American politics for more than two years, expired in an instant Sunday when Attorney General William Barr delivered Special Cou…
We commend 19th Judicial District Judge William Morvant for ordering the Louisiana State Police to release body camera footage from a November traffic stop in which a state trooper ticketed an off-duty New Orleans police officer for speeding.
The American people have largely taken the disruptive Trump Presidency in stride, going about their lives and expressing their approval or not the constitutional way—at the ballot box. The same can’t be said for many of the country’s panicked elites, as we are learning anew about the Federal…
Democrats need an identity-politics intervention. Having unleashed race, gender, sexual orientation and class as the defining issues of American politics, these furies are now consuming their authors. Where’s Barack Obama when Democrats need him?
- West Monroe woman arrested after aiding, housing fugitive
- Walsworth announces candidacy for Clerk of Court
- LA 128 to be closed between Gilbert, Fort Necessity
- Troopers arrest Monroe man after finding crashed vehicle in Sterlington
- West Monroe man arrested on drug, illegal possession charges
- Nearly 1,700 with $100k salaries received Medicaid
- Sterlington tax, sewer rate hike draw business owners' ire
- ‘Not a kill shot…we shall persevere’
- LHSAA baseball playoffs: 3 local squads earn No. 1 seeds
- Rosenthal excited about new season
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.