When Louisiana does something differently from just about any other state, that may mean we are special.
Beware the righteous man with power. That’s the great lesson of James Comey, as the 79-page report released Thursday by the Justice Department Inspector General makes clear. The former FBI director willfully violated multiple rules as he sought revenge against Donald Trump while pursuing his…
With the honesty of a woman facing a terminal diagnosis, Kathleen Babineaux Blanco recently told well-wishers that no one would have ever chosen to be governor of Louisiana when hurricanes Katrina and Rita savaged the state in 2005.
Jefferson Hughes III has won two elections to the state Supreme Court — most recently in 2018 when he ran unopposed.
The mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton over the weekend are horrifying assaults on peaceful communities by disturbed young men. American politics will try to simplify these events into a debate about guns or political rhetoric, but the common theme of these killings is the social alienatio…
Perhaps you’ve read that President Trump is about to toss millions of the poor off food stamps for no other reason than cruelty. You wouldn’t know from this faux horror that the Trump Administration is merely policing a blatant abuse of public resources for the needy.
Short-lived Hurricane Barry, already fading from memory, did bring at least one fringe benefit to those of us in its path. For about a week, as Louisianians prepared for the bad weather, almost no one here publicly discussed partisan politics — something that sounds like an almost miraculous…
When the U.S. Supreme Court refused to act 5-4 on two cases involving unfair fixes of the political system, Democrats were quick to find fault with the five Republican-appointed judges in the majority.
- Two killed in Ferriday
- Carrying gun at West Monroe High School was 'stupid,' armed suspect says
- Behavioral center plans to locate in RMC building
- Teammates turned foes: Herring faces Crockett, Rainbolt in OCS/Sterlington rivalry
- OPSO arrests West Monroe man for trespassing at Dollar General
- Hollins delivers in first varsity start
- West Monroe woman accused of striking child with beer can
- West Ouachita rides new and improved defense to 2-0 start
- Spearsville man arrested in West Monroe on drug charges
- Commissioner of Ag, Concordia Bank continues elevator inspection