The third annual Morehouse May Madness Street Festival will welcome crowds May 3 and 4 with fantastic food, awesome music, antique tractors, juried merchant vendors, an ATV exhibit, Kid Zone, an art exhibit and sale, a classic car show, a motorbike exhibit, a golf scramble at Morehouse Country Club and much more.
• Mike McKenzie will kick-off the festival at the Rose Theatre at 7 p.m. Friday, May 3. Tickets, which are $20 each with students and senior 65 and older $10 each, are available at the Visitor Center (281-0911), Cox Funeral Home (283-3100) and at the door.
• With no gate or admission fees, the Festival begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 4 in the historic district of Bastrop and will last until 4 p.m. Security will be provided on Friday night, May 3, for those vendors that want to set their booths up from 5:30-8 p.m. Friday.
• Downtown streets (Madison, Washington, and Franklin) will close at 7 a.m. Saturday to allow vendors to set-up. Jefferson Street will remain open.
• The Morehouse Country Club golf scramble participants tee-off at 10 a.m. Saturday. The Bastrop High School Class of 1969 will be recognized during the event on the west end of the courthouse.
• There will be a pet costume contest organized by Melton Veterinary Hospital at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Kid Zone and the Memorial Methodist Church will bless pets throughout the day.
Guests will be entertained with live music from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday with seating available at shaded benches and tables.
• Entertainment begins with local group, Homegrown, who will play from 9-10 a.m.
• Joey Kennedy and the New Life Church musicians will play from 10-11 a.m.
• Willie Johnson will play his saxophone from 11 a.m.-noon.
• Barrett Pepper and Chad Thomas will take the stage at noon-2 p.m.
• The CC Players will provide entertainment from 2-4 p.m.
Emcees will be Gary Guice, Patricia Bordelon, and Mayor Henry Cotton. Representatives from the MMM Title Sponsors, Drax Biomass and Morehouse Community Medical Centers, will be welcoming everyone to the festival as well.
For more information go to www.morehousemaymadness.com, find the festical on Facebook or call (318) 282-2985.