The stellar pitching for the Crusaders continued in a 3-1 semifinal victory against University Academy Tuesday.
Fresh off of his quarterfinal performance, Nate Vaughn returned to the mound for a semifinal showdown against No. 3 University Academy.
University had success getting base runners on, but struggled to take advantage. The Lions had two base runners in the first and third, but Vaughn worked his way out of the jam both times.
In the bottom of the third, an error followed by Logan Wedrall’s single put the Crusaders on top, 2-0.
Vaughn’s day ended in the fourth after he loaded the bases. He struck out seven before handing the ball over to Wedrall. Wedrall walked in a run but limited the damage.
Another error in the fourth allowed an insurance run in the for the Crusaders, as Claiborne Christian clung to a 3-1 lead.
“We didn’t get a lot of hits today, but we got clutch hits,” Olinde said. “The timely hits is most important. We had a couple young guys really come out and get clutch hits for us.”
Wedrall and Vaughn combined to give up just two hits in the victory.
The Crusaders will meet winner of Grace Christian/Northside Christian in finals at 10 a.m. Friday.
- MPD arrests West Monroe woman on seven charges
- Monroe woman arrested for battering girlfriend, 1-year-old child
- OPSO arrests West Monroe woman for crack cocaine
- OPSO stops bicyclist, arrests him for possession of crack cocaine rock
- Bayou Jamb 2021 headlined by Neville/West Monroe, OCS/Sterlington matchups
- Ouachita track and field competitor Crockett becomes unlikely star
- West Monroe man accused of stealing from Academy Sports, taking knife into Pizza Hut
- Juneteenth celebration planned in Bastrop on Saturday
- WMPD arrests West Monroe man for crack cocaine possession
- OPSO arrests woman for marijuana, ecstasy possession
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.