In a back-and-forth nail biter, the Ouachita Christian Lady Eagles made the plays needed down the stretch against Booker T. Washington in the 2019 Sidney Smith Invitational to remain perfect this season.
Deep into the second quarter, Avery Hopkins drained a 3-pointer to give the Lady Eagles w 23-17 lead. Booker T. Washington went on a 5-0 run to close the half and reduce OCS’ lead to one.
Emery Wirtz’ and-one gave OCS a 28-22 lead before the Lady Eagles took control in the third. OCS began the third with 11-0 run and held Booker T. Washington to three points in the quarter.
Booker T. Washington’s full court press gave OCS some trouble early into the fourth quarter and allowed Booker T. Washington to cut the deficit to five. Hopkins jumper broke up the run.
OCS clung to a three-point lead 42-38 with less than a minute to go when Hopkins sank a free throw to eventually give the Lady Eagles a 44-40 victory.
The Lady Eagles improved to 16-0 on the season.
- Life throws Sterlington's Hough unexpected curveball
- OPSO arrests Glenmora man for throwing dog against wall until it died
- Asbestos plagues Civic Center's Jack Howard Theatre; officials allowed events despite knowledge of falling asbestos
- LDH reports mixed findings at Franklin nursing homes
- WMPD arrest West Monroe woman for stealing clothes
- Neville's Campbell receives invite to play in Under Armour All-American Game
- MPD arrest Garden District resident suspected of heroin, meth possession
- Life sentence affirmed for Monroe man convicted of slaying child
- Police Chief remembered for dedication, compassion
- Obituaries - May 20, 2020