The Ouachita boys basketball team got off to a near flawless start in the 2019 Belton/Williams Classic Wednesday night by beating North Caddo 82-32.
Ouachita opened with a 21-0 run, consistently attacking the paint and converting underneath. North Caddo scored its first two points with 1:52 remaining in the quarter as the Lions forced several turnovers, which led to east buckets on the other end.
Ouachita head coach Jeremy Madison made a platoon swap midway through the second quarter after Quez Owens’ 3-pointer gave the Lions a 35-8 lead. Madison implemented the two-platoon system throughout the contest.
Matt Hayman drained three triples to lead the Lions with 13 points in the victory.
Award-winning sports writer for columns and features since joining the field in 2013. As the first-ever featured columnist of the month at Bleacher Report, Martin cut his teeth with online media before joining the newspaper business in 2014.
- Franklin students set to return Aug. 12
- Brothers weather flak for 'Trump 2020' crop sign
- One random phone call leads to Laird's memorable baseball career
- MPD Chief flares up during civil service meeting when questioned about truthfulness
- Louisiana House approves $250 payments for frontline workers
- Jeff Sadow: Reject group’s message of hate
- Origin Bank, ULM Athletic Foundation sue JPS Aviation for unpaid debts
- Suspect arrested for resisting officer at hospital
- Local youth continues to improve after accident
- Ferriday approves Ridgecrest contract
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.