The Ouachita boys basketball team got off to a near flawless start in the 2019 Belton/Williams Classic Wednesday night by beating North Caddo 82-32.
Ouachita opened with a 21-0 run, consistently attacking the paint and converting underneath. North Caddo scored its first two points with 1:52 remaining in the quarter as the Lions forced several turnovers, which led to east buckets on the other end.
Ouachita head coach Jeremy Madison made a platoon swap midway through the second quarter after Quez Owens’ 3-pointer gave the Lions a 35-8 lead. Madison implemented the two-platoon system throughout the contest.
Matt Hayman drained three triples to lead the Lions with 13 points in the victory.
Award-winning sports writer for columns and features since joining the field in 2013. As the first-ever featured columnist of the month at Bleacher Report, Martin cut his teeth with online media before joining the newspaper business in 2014.
- Monroe abandons medical emergency calls
- Five cases of COVID-19 reported in Franklin
- UPDATED: Plenty of bed space available at area hospitals, parish official says; 'Stay at Home' order to be extended to April 30
- West Monroe man arrested for battering girlfriend, battering police officer
- Four COVID-19 cases reported in Franklin Parish by LDH
- West Monroe man accused of sending ex-girlfriend death threat, video of him shooting
- Michael Reagan: China lied, people died
- WMPD arrest West Monroe man accused of threatening to shoot victim
- Monroe man accused of stabbing victim with gold, silver knife
- Jones' annual trips to Lake Charles earns himself Coach of the Year honors
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.