Ouachita’s Skylar Buie drained a 3-pointer off the jump and the Lady Lions took a 5-0 lead before things went south against Mansfield.
Mansfield’s Kahia Warmsley nailed a 3-pointer and followed with an acrobatic lay-in to give Mansfield a 9-5 lead.
Warmsley later hit a triple at the buzzer, as Mansfield took a 14-9 lead into the second quarter.
Mansfield’s lead ballooned to seven in the second before Tia Perry drained a trey.
Mansfield’s Peyton People’s opened the second half with a 3-pointer that dug Ouachita in a 12-point hole.
But the Lady Lions came roaring back. Lafaedria Green’s layup capped a 7-0 run, reducing Mansfield’s lead to 26-21 midway into the third quarter. Mansfield immediately went on a 6-0 run to regain a double digit lead. Ouachita’s defense remained persistent, forcing turnovers that led to easy buckets on the other end to keep Mansfield from running away with it. Buie hit two triples in the corner that made it, 37-34 in favor of Mansfield heading into the fourth.
And the unrelenting pressure caused Mansfield to fold. Back-to-back turnovers led to Ouachita baskets on the other end to give the Lady Lions a 38-37 lead.
Mansfield ultimately got to the free throw line, though, to close out the victory
- Life throws Sterlington's Hough unexpected curveball
- OPSO arrests Glenmora man for throwing dog against wall until it died
- Asbestos plagues Civic Center's Jack Howard Theatre; officials allowed events despite knowledge of falling asbestos
- LDH reports mixed findings at Franklin nursing homes
- WMPD arrest West Monroe woman for stealing clothes
- Neville's Campbell receives invite to play in Under Armour All-American Game
- MPD arrest Garden District resident suspected of heroin, meth possession
- Life sentence affirmed for Monroe man convicted of slaying child
- Police Chief remembered for dedication, compassion
- Obituaries - May 20, 2020