The West Monroe Rebels improved to 2-0 with a 24-0 victory against Byrd in Shreveport Friday night.
As the Rebels continue to figure out their offense while starting quarterback Garrett Kahmann rehabs a slight tear in his labrum, West Monroe might have found its next star tailback. Derome Williams recorded 215 yards on the ground on 15 carries, including a 94-yard touchdown run in the first quarter that put the Rebels on top, 24-0.
Ol’ reliable Cayden Pierce, West Monroe’s Swiss Army knife, already made his mark before Williams’ long touchdown run. Pierce scored for the first points for the Rebels on a 26-yard run early on in the first quarter.
The Rebels’ offense stalled in the second quarter but got back on track in the third when Pierce found paydirt again. This time Pierce rumbled in from 13 yards out. Pierce finished with 65 rushing yards on nine carries.
A 36-yard Kade Pittard field goal capped the scoring for the Rebels.
Rebel quarterback Lane Little completed two-of-seven passes for 28 yards and two interceptions in the win. Little added 30 yards on the ground.
Bradley Williams led the Rebels with two tackles for loss in the victory, while West Monroe’s defense limited Byrd’s offense to 158 yards total.
- OPSO: West Monroe woman rummaging through mailboxes, looking for her friend
- No COVID-19 cases in Franklin as of March 24
- West Monroe man, Calhoun woman accused of stealing $2,500 in metal items from Plunk's
- Monroe abandons medical emergency calls
- Four COVID-19 cases reported in Franklin Parish by LDH
- West Monroe man accused of sending ex-girlfriend death threat, video of him shooting
- Michael Reagan: China lied, people died
- WMPD arrest West Monroe man accused of threatening to shoot victim
- Monroe man accused of stabbing victim with gold, silver knife
- OPSO arrests Eros man for stealing ATV
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.