After a rough start in the tourney, West Monroe regained its composure to put away Ponchatoula.
Faith Robinson and Makayla Glass went coast to coast on back-to-back possessions to erase a 3-0 deficit early on. The girls were tied 8-8 after a quarter of action. Turnovers aided Ponchatoula in a matchup where size heavily favored the Lady Rebels.
Ponchatoula led 14-13 in the second quarter until Dezarae Stewart regained the lead for the Lady Rebels on a fast break. West Monroe scored most of its points in the first half on fast breaks and led 21-20 at half.
The Lady Rebs opened the third with a 6-0 run before Glass hit a 3-pointer to bring West Monroe within three points. Ponchatoula still took a 28-26 lead into the fourth quarter.
Trailing 30-26, Stewart banked a 3-pointer to keep the Lady Rebels within one.
Precious Robinson’s 3-pointer midway through fourth gave West Monroe a 36-34 advantage. Faith Robinson then bullied around Ponchatoula defenders in the post to protect that lead. Robinson’s free throws allowed the Lady Rebels to lead 40-36 with two and a half minutes to go.
Faith Robinson led the Lady Rebels with 17 points, while Stewart added 11.
- Franklin students set to return Aug. 12
- Brothers weather flak for 'Trump 2020' crop sign
- One random phone call leads to Laird's memorable baseball career
- MPD Chief flares up during civil service meeting when questioned about truthfulness
- Louisiana House approves $250 payments for frontline workers
- Jeff Sadow: Reject group’s message of hate
- Origin Bank, ULM Athletic Foundation sue JPS Aviation for unpaid debts
- Suspect arrested for resisting officer at hospital
- Local youth continues to improve after accident
- Ferriday approves Ridgecrest contract
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.