After a rough start in the tourney, West Monroe regained its composure to put away Ponchatoula.
Faith Robinson and Makayla Glass went coast to coast on back-to-back possessions to erase a 3-0 deficit early on. The girls were tied 8-8 after a quarter of action. Turnovers aided Ponchatoula in a matchup where size heavily favored the Lady Rebels.
Ponchatoula led 14-13 in the second quarter until Dezarae Stewart regained the lead for the Lady Rebels on a fast break. West Monroe scored most of its points in the first half on fast breaks and led 21-20 at half.
The Lady Rebs opened the third with a 6-0 run before Glass hit a 3-pointer to bring West Monroe within three points. Ponchatoula still took a 28-26 lead into the fourth quarter.
Trailing 30-26, Stewart banked a 3-pointer to keep the Lady Rebels within one.
Precious Robinson’s 3-pointer midway through fourth gave West Monroe a 36-34 advantage. Faith Robinson then bullied around Ponchatoula defenders in the post to protect that lead. Robinson’s free throws allowed the Lady Rebels to lead 40-36 with two and a half minutes to go.
Faith Robinson led the Lady Rebels with 17 points, while Stewart added 11.
- Monroe abandons medical emergency calls
- Five cases of COVID-19 reported in Franklin
- UPDATED: Plenty of bed space available at area hospitals, parish official says; 'Stay at Home' order to be extended to April 30
- West Monroe man arrested for battering girlfriend, battering police officer
- Four COVID-19 cases reported in Franklin Parish by LDH
- West Monroe man accused of sending ex-girlfriend death threat, video of him shooting
- Michael Reagan: China lied, people died
- WMPD arrest West Monroe man accused of threatening to shoot victim
- Monroe man accused of stabbing victim with gold, silver knife
- Jones' annual trips to Lake Charles earns himself Coach of the Year honors
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.