The Wossman boys basketball team took care of St. Helena in the first round with a 81-39 victory Wednesday night in the Belton/Williams Classic.
Wossman raced out to an 11-2 lead in the first quarter. Nick Lavender and Nick Traylor occupied space inside and muscled St. Helena around in the post.
Meanwhile, head coach Casey Jones elected to have Traylor, along with guard Brandon Dennis utilize a full court press, which gave St. Helena fits.
Traylor showcased his versatility as a defender and a scorer as he drained a triple early into the first quarter.
Wossman controlled the tempo as the Wildcats raced toward a 29-10 lead in the second quarter.
The Wildcats owner the offensive glass all night.
A 3-pointer from Jaylen Hall allowed Wossman to take a 30-point lead with less that two minutes left in the half.
Award-winning sports writer for columns and features since joining the field in 2013. As the first-ever featured columnist of the month at Bleacher Report, Martin cut his teeth with online media before joining the newspaper business in 2014.
- Franklin students set to return Aug. 12
- Brothers weather flak for 'Trump 2020' crop sign
- One random phone call leads to Laird's memorable baseball career
- MPD Chief flares up during civil service meeting when questioned about truthfulness
- Louisiana House approves $250 payments for frontline workers
- Jeff Sadow: Reject group’s message of hate
- Origin Bank, ULM Athletic Foundation sue JPS Aviation for unpaid debts
- Suspect arrested for resisting officer at hospital
- Local youth continues to improve after accident
- Ferriday approves Ridgecrest contract
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.