The Wossman boys basketball team took care of St. Helena in the first round with a 81-39 victory Wednesday night in the Belton/Williams Classic.
Wossman raced out to an 11-2 lead in the first quarter. Nick Lavender and Nick Traylor occupied space inside and muscled St. Helena around in the post.
Meanwhile, head coach Casey Jones elected to have Traylor, along with guard Brandon Dennis utilize a full court press, which gave St. Helena fits.
Traylor showcased his versatility as a defender and a scorer as he drained a triple early into the first quarter.
Wossman controlled the tempo as the Wildcats raced toward a 29-10 lead in the second quarter.
The Wildcats owner the offensive glass all night.
A 3-pointer from Jaylen Hall allowed Wossman to take a 30-point lead with less that two minutes left in the half.
Award-winning sports writer for columns and features since joining the field in 2013. As the first-ever featured columnist of the month at Bleacher Report, Martin cut his teeth with online media before joining the newspaper business in 2014.
- Monroe abandons medical emergency calls
- West Monroe man accused of trying to fight with store employees with a hammer
- No changes yet to Winnsboro curfew
- MPD: Man's 'mistress' kept him from leaving with knife
- The Ouachita Citizen asks court to sever records request from Mayo's campaign staffer
- Louisiana Department of Health reports COVID-19 cases
- OPSO: Monroe man randomly entered home, carrying gun, under influence of drugs
- U.S. Supreme Court denies judges’ appeal in law clerk suit
- Tubbs' chase for a school record ends unceremoniously
- Ferriday pair lead boys team
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.