Perhaps no other nation has struggled more openly and painfully with its collective conscience on the issue of human slavery than the United States.
In America, there is one standard of justice for supporters of President Donald Trump. These are people like political strategist Roger Stone who receive pre-dawn raids from scores of federal agents. Then there is another standard of justice for people like Hunter Biden, son of the 46th President.
An outsized figure in Louisiana politics, former Gov. Edwin Edwards, passed away Monday, just a few days before the legislative deadline for constitutionally-required veto session ballots. The significance wasn’t lost on those who know the history of the state Constitution and the role Edwar…
Much like the state its representatives and senators represent, the Louisiana Legislature is experiencing a troubling trend of outmigration. Last term, from 2016 through 2019, was a doozy. Lawmakers quit their elected jobs in the middle of their terms at an alarming rate, setting what remain…
The basic rules for self-governance are specified in the Constitution of the United States. Article I, Section 2 asserts that persons who represent the people of the several states in the House of Representatives are chosen by rules that are set down by each state legislature. Section 3 spec…
Thirty years ago, then-Gov. Buddy Roemer vetoed legislation aimed at curbing abortions in Louisiana. Lawmakers overrode the veto. Two years later, lawmakers overrode a veto issued by then-Gov. Edwin Edwards that concerned a flap over funding for the state Attorney General’s office.
Conservative lawmakers have taken the guesswork out of the annual process where the House and Senate are allowed to trigger an automatic veto session to override the governor’s policy decisions. More than likely that veto session will convene July 20 and adjourn July 24 or earlier.
In Revelation 16, the seven angels pour out the seven bowls of the wrath of God. When the third angel pours out his bowl into rivers and springs, the angel of the waters praises God “for they poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. They deserve it…
The federal election process is the means by which a constitutional republic determines which candidates are selected to represent the people in Congress, provided they meet the conditions set forth in the Constitution for age and years of citizenship. For the Senate a candidate must be at l…
- MPD: Intoxicated woman refuses to leave McDonald’s drive-thru
- Three suspects, including 'Big Toot,' arrested on drug-dealing charges
- MARTIN: Star power floods parish prep football scene in 2021
- Politically connected shooting conflicts district attorney Tew
- Monroe man accused of making false report about armed robbery
- OPSO arrests wanted man for illegal possession of firearm
- IMPACT PLAYER: West Ouachita's Wink looks to pave way to wins in 2021
- West Monroe man arrested for dealing marijuana, carrying guns
- IMPACT PLAYER: Carroll's Roberts brings experience to Bulldogs secondary
- West Monroe woman accused of burglarizing home, hitting children
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.