Just a couple of weeks ago, the airwaves and sports pages were filled with the news that the Southeastern Conference would pursue a conference-only, 10-game schedule for the 2020 football season and push the start of the season to Sept. 26. All out of concern for the dreaded coronavirus pandemic.
This week marks five months since the World Health Organization designated COVID-19 as a pandemic, a watershed moment that deeply transformed how elected officials do their jobs and how the influence sector of our political economy seeks to shape that process.
One of the most contentious issues since the Covid-19 induced shutdown of the economy is the $600 federal weekly unemployment benefit. Based on that allotment, the hourly wage-replacement rate for persons who usually work full time is approximately $15, a standard used for years by many advo…
Obviously buoyed by Gov. John Bel Edwards’ two gubernatorial elections in five years, leftist Democrats took aim at U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy and found a taker in Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins.
Following years of planning and fundraising, the Smithsonian Institution in 2017 opened the National Museum of African American History and Culture on the National Mall in Washington. The Museum is a 501(c)(3) organization. Founding Director Lonnie Bunch stated that the purpose of the Museum…
In the two months since George Floyd was killed by a white Minneapolis police officer, the world has changed significantly. For example, major businesses in America are fully onboard with the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement as almost 300 top corporations have pledged support for the cause.…
Reviewing Louisiana’s contests this fall for the Supreme Court and Public Service Commission, whether to act as a stealth Democrat and whether that will cost a candidate are questions that will be answered.
Usually, a President who delivered seven million new jobs and a historically low unemployment rate can run for re-election on his economic program. Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic destroyed the economy. Thus, President Trump’s masterful stewardship of the economy is no longer apparent a…
Does Monroe’s recent mayoral election provide a model for Louisiana Republicans to follow to take back governance of many of the state’s large cities?
- Winnsboro couple arrested for vehicle fire
- Winnsboro man charged in stabbing death
- State silences complaint about Ouachita Parish's faulty COVID-19 case count
- UPDATED: Breland booked at prison, says attorneys directed him
- MPD arrest Monroe woman for filming sex video with child present in room
- Couch sentencing again postponed
- IMPACT PLAYER: Booker ready to take game to next level for Wildcats
- Troopers investigate double fatality crash
- Longtime West Monroe City Court Judge Charles Traylor remembered
- Metro Narcotics arrests Monroe woman for trying to obtain prescription drugs through fraud