The Supreme Court on Monday will hear its first Second Amendment case in nearly a decade, and it’s about time. Eleven years after the Court declared in its landmark Heller ruling that the Second Amendment enshrines an individual right to bear arms, liberals are still in denial and need a jud…
hile millions of Americans look to Thanksgiving as a prelude to the Christmas holiday shopping rush, we are concerned too many Americans do not know the true meaning of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Politics is often a pageant of vanity, perhaps especially so in Louisiana, where campaigning has a long tradition of colorful theater.
Texas has become one of America’s fastest-growing states, thanks in part to its lack of a state income tax. So it was encouraging last week when Lone Star State voters made it even more difficult to impose such a tax.
Politicians deal in exaggeration and deception, but sometimes you have to wonder if they even read the words that someone puts out in their name. Witness House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s statement Friday on the surprisingly good monthly employment jobs report: “The October jobs report offers fur…
LSU’s success on the football field wins a lot of exposure for Louisiana’s flagship school, and that’s usually a good thing.
Donald Trump is lucky in his opponents. Hillary Clinton was a bad candidate, and now House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has chosen Rep. Adam Schiff to be the face of impeachment for Democrats.
The governor’s race goes to a November runoff that is already featuring a feast of mutual criticism between frontrunning incumbent John Bel Edwards and challenger Eddie Rispone.
The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana (PAR) recently released its guide for the four proposed Constitutional Amendments that will appear on ballots statewide in the Oct. 12 primary election.
- Morales returning to the field
- Youngster detects fire with sharp eye
- Ferriday advances to third straight semifinals
- Ferriday, Amite meet in semis again
- Monroe man charged with possession of marijuana, meth
- Playing in Superdome a dream come true for Hogan
- USDA announces funding to control feral swine
- Appeal court judge’s retirement figures in contractor’s suit
- Franklin school system given ‘C’ in statewide report
- West Monroe man accused of disturbing peace, simple assault
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.