While parts of the country aren’t staying at home through April, we wonder if they shouldn’t be considering the tough steps that Louisiana and other states have taken to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
What a spectacle. Much of America is quarantined at home, the public is so panicked there’s a run on toilet paper, the country desperately wants reassurance, and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer decide to take a bipartisan rescue bill as a political hostage.
Well, that didn’t work. The Federal Reserve on Sunday went all in with its 2008 bag of monetary tricks, and financial markets continued their stampede like frightened cattle. Someone has to turn the herd, and that will take new tools and better leadership than Washington is now providing.
Chuck Schumer says he regrets the words he used to threaten Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh last week, but perhaps we should thank him for the moment of candor. The Senate Minority Leader has reminded the country of the threat that a Democratic Senate poses to judicia…
The Constitution grants Congress plenary authority over immigration policy, but liberal judges have increasingly usurped the law. On Monday the Supreme Court will consider if immigrants whom Congress has deemed deportable can seek sanctuary in the courts.
As Bernie Sanders advances closer to the White House, his beliefs and policies may finally get the scrutiny they deserve. An example was an interview on CBS’s “60 Minutes” Sunday when the 78-year-old socialist waxed effusive over Cuban literacy.
As Louisiana’s top prosecutor, Attorney General Jeff Landry ought to be able to sniff out a criminal from across the room.
One of Vice President Joe Biden’s better lines in 2012 was “Osama bin Laden is dead, and General Motors is alive.” The crowd at the Democratic convention loved it. This year it sounds like the Democratic campaign theme may be that Iranian terror master Qasem Soleimani is dead and the world i…
In 2008, Gov. Bobby Jindal and the Legislature pledged the state to attain the “gold standard” of ethics in government.
The report that John Bolton’s book draft implicates President Trump more closely to ordering a delay in military aid to Ukraine is hardly a surprise and won’t — and shouldn’t — change the impeachment result. It does, however, complicate the trial task for Republican Senators, and our advice …
- Monroe abandons medical emergency calls
- Five cases of COVID-19 reported in Franklin
- UPDATED: Plenty of bed space available at area hospitals, parish official says; 'Stay at Home' order to be extended to April 30
- West Monroe man arrested for battering girlfriend, battering police officer
- Four COVID-19 cases reported in Franklin Parish by LDH
- West Monroe man accused of sending ex-girlfriend death threat, video of him shooting
- Michael Reagan: China lied, people died
- WMPD arrest West Monroe man accused of threatening to shoot victim
- Monroe man accused of stabbing victim with gold, silver knife
- OPSO arrests Eros man for stealing ATV
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.