American companies are in a frenzy to get ahead of the current moment of woke moral panic. That sometimes means sacrificing an unlucky employee to the political mob or buying copies of the best-seller “White Fragility” to encourage workers to define themselves by race. Now large firms are jo…
Two weeks ago when the First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge reversed a judge’s ruling and green-lighted Monroe businessman Stanley Palowsky III to pursue his lawsuit against Anadarko Petroleum Corp. we were reminded of Palowsky’s ongoing civil action against five Fourth Judicial Dist…
The violence that broke out in American cities this weekend goes far beyond justified anger at the killing of George Floyd on Monday. The rioters are looting shops and attacking police with impunity, and they threaten a larger breakdown of public order. Protecting the innocent and restoring …
The media are mostly ignoring the news that 39 Obama officials sought to read the transcripts of Michael Flynn’s conversations with foreigners, but here and there they’ve asked a question. The unpersuasive answers suggest there’s more to learn.
Barack Obama is a lawyer, so it was stunning to read that he ventured into the Michael Flynn case in a way that misstated the supposed crime and ignored the history of his own Administration in targeting Mr. Flynn. Since the former President chose to offer his legal views when he didn’t need…
This is a season of extraordinary firsts, not least in the way that public business is being conducted remotely.
Anti-carbon activists don’t sleep even during a pandemic, and earlier this week New York City Council members introduced a resolution to divest from banks invested in fossil fuels. Perhaps they don’t know that hand sanitizer and personal protective equipment come from hydrocarbons synthesize…
The state Supreme Court, with a long history of protecting misbehaving judges instead of guarding the public, seems to finally be feeling the heat.
- Franklin students set to return Aug. 12
- Brothers weather flak for 'Trump 2020' crop sign
- One random phone call leads to Laird's memorable baseball career
- MPD Chief flares up during civil service meeting when questioned about truthfulness
- Louisiana House approves $250 payments for frontline workers
- Jeff Sadow: Reject group’s message of hate
- Origin Bank, ULM Athletic Foundation sue JPS Aviation for unpaid debts
- Suspect arrested for resisting officer at hospital
- Local youth continues to improve after accident
- Ferriday approves Ridgecrest contract
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.