It’s been under wraps longer than some Egyptian mummies, but the bill for the Joe Biden-Nancy Pelosi-Bernie Sanders spending agenda is about to be exposed to the air. The Ways and Means Committee draft tax increase that leaked over the weekend is a $2.2-trillion Washington money grab for the ages.
Summer is for the beach, but the regulatory state never takes a holiday. In August alone, 7,492 pages were added to the Federal Register, recording every twitch of the administrative giant. So what did the feds do instead of lazing in the sun? We didn’t read it all (we’re journalists, not ma…
The Office for Civil Rights in Education is an arm of the administrative state that has often inflamed the culture wars in the last decade. So it was only a matter of time before it jumped into America’s latest, bitter cultural conflict on the progressive side. On Monday the agency targeted …
President Biden told the world on Monday that he doesn’t regret his decision to withdraw rapidly from Afghanistan, or even the chaotic, incompetent way the withdrawal has been executed. He is determined in retreat, defiant in surrender, and confident in the rightness of consigning the countr…
The world awoke Monday after a logy August weekend to some alarming news: The climate Apocalypse is nigh, humanity is to blame, and unless the world remakes the global economy, havoc and death are inevitable. Repent of your sins all ye who enter here.
Perhaps you’ve read that the pandemic recession officially ended in April 2020, that the economy grew 6.5% in the second quarter, that employers are desperate to find workers, and that the housing market is booming. Never mind. Democrats are in a panic because the federal ban on landlords ev…
No one should expect the Chinese Communist Party to cooperate with a real inquiry into the origins of Covid-19. More disappointing is the lack of candor from American scientists and officials whose conflicts of interest deserve more scrutiny.
ill the pandemic ever end? That’s what investors asked Monday as they sold off stocks and rushed into bonds on fears that Covid-19’s Delta variant will slow the economic recovery or lead to more lockdowns. Let’s hope the political class has learned some lessons from the last 18 months—namel…
Four times elected governor of Louisiana: No one could say that except Edwin Washington Edwards.
- Monroe woman accused of threatening son with kitchen knife
- Troopers arrest Monroe man for carrying 90 grams of marijuana, gun
- Eros man, West Monroe man arrested for stealing trailer, possessing drugs
- Special teams, second-half defense propel Catholic to beat West Monroe
- West Monroe man accused of stealing vehicle, claiming Taliban after him
- Delhi man booked for financial crimes
- Circle K employee arrested for theft of lottery tickets, cashing out winnings
- Stanley Nelson: 'Mob law in Vicksburg claims five gamblers'
- WMPD arrests West Monroe man for disturbing peace through drunkenness
- West Monroe moves ahead on indoor sports complex
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.