Early voting for the Nov. 3 elections got underway last week and will conclude Tuesday, Oct. 27. In light of the extended early voting period for this fall’s election cycle, we must revisit our recommendations for voters on the proposed constitutional amendments as well as a number of races …
The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana (PAR) recently released its guide on the seven proposed Constitutional Amendments that will appear on ballots statewide in the Nov. 3 election.
In his epic 19th century novel depicting the social impact of the industrialization of England, “The Tale of Two Cities,” author Charles Dickens penned a profoundly powerful first sentence: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
Republicans are moving with dispatch to nominate and vote on a successor to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, perhaps before the Nov. 3 election. This is within their constitutional authority, and it also makes the most sense for the courts and any post-election controversy.
Georgia’s voting deadline is unambiguous: Absentee ballots are due when the polls close on Election Day. Late arrivals are meant to be set aside, stored, and eventually destroyed without being opened. That’s what state law says, and the way to protect democratic legitimacy in an anxious age …
President Trump on Saturday visited areas in southwest Louisiana and Texas ravaged by Hurricane Laura, which also marked the 15th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. While the destruction was grim, there were many fewer human casualties than expected thanks to effective government preparation …
- Winnsboro Council agrees to peddler’s fee
- Ellis names Zordan new police chief
- Darione Bell convicted of killing the Hoopers
- Obituaries - Oct. 21, 2020
- 4JDC judges corresponded before altering ruling
- Sterlington's Crain rises out of turbulent offseason
- Police Jury gets clean audit, posts $681,000 surplus
- EDITORIAL: Recommendations on proposed constitutional amendments
- Games canceled: WO/Ouachita is off, Wossman pulls out of Karr game
- Illegal case fixing charged in law clerk suit
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.